Sunday, November 30, 2008

Jon and Christina are ENGAGED!

Okay...earlier I could barely contain myself because two friends of mine were about to get engaged. I know for me, I've been dreaming about the day I get proposed to since I was in preschool, but to be a part of someone else's dream...is....AMAZING. 

I had a very general idea about the plans that would unfold today, but when I got to Pines Park in Dana Point....it became real. All of Jon's family was there a whole an hour and a half ahead of time setting up the table for them and it was sooo romantic!

The table was beautifully set up and was complete with sparkling cider and a "Reserved" sign....elegantly designed in black and white. 

Everyone was so excited and anxious for the proposal to happen and we all met on the beach down below to assemble the signs...at the right moment, all their family and friends would hold up signs (specially crafted by Jon and his dad) spelling out the letters to say "will you marry me?" How cute is that? Jon definitely took a LOT of time and put a lot of thought into planning the perfect proposal for Christina...and it paid off. It ran seamlessly and you can see the surprise and joy on Christina's face when it happened....dream come true in the making. 

I don't know about you, but I live for moments like that...when dreams become reality....living life to the full. Mmm.....gives me chills.


Jon and Christina's friends...they definitely have a sense of humor. After Christina had seen the signs...they decided it would be funny to change the words around. Good thing Christina was too busy being proposed to...


Funny Sidenote: When the moment came to pull the ring out of his jacket (where he'd secretly kept it all day)...Jon had some pocket issues. He described it as a panicky "where's my pocket?!!!!!!" moment...but luckily...he found his pocket and the ring...and it was all worth it in the end. Just a fun story to tell the grandkids eh Jonny?

It ended up being a brilliant day and I feel so alive after it all. I am completely head over heels in love with love...and I'm so happy to have spent the day with Jon, Christina, and their friends and family. Congrats!!!!

Thanks to everyone who helped out with this Stealth Operation today!

6 comments:

  1. Ok, I have chills and tears and I don't even know these people!!!! What a great post and awesome job on the pictures!!! Good job!!
    Love S:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW THESE ARE AMAZING. To be able to see the moment of the proposal on picture is truly a wonderful feeling. You have just captured pure happiness on camera. Nice one Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is so amazing! what a special thing to do... and an adorable proposal! that's a lucky girl. and great job with the pictures- they're gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah! Yay!! It looks like it turned out so great! Amazing job bear!! Makes me so happy for them :) ahhh your wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did an absolutely amazing job! So great to capture such an amazing moment!!! Kate bravo girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this post! Should be in a magazine! WOW!!!! XXOO

    ReplyDelete

"Welcome and thanks for stopping by my blog! I've discovered recently that, in addition to photography, writing is a passion of mine and I've loved including you all in my personal journey this past year. So please feel free to read about my adventures, comment often, and enjoy my photos!"     - Kate Noelle | International Wedding & Portrait Photographer |