Sunday, November 9, 2008

Jodi and Mike's "I Doooo"

Mike and Jodi....before today I knew them only as faithful It's a Grind customers....but after spending the day with them as they tied the knot, I feel like I'm part of their family now. Not only did I get to capture all the big moments of the day like the  traditional Jewish ceremony (complete with the breaking of the glass and the "MAZAL TOV!'') but I also had the privilege of capturing the small ones too ( like sharing in Jodi's "getting ready party.")

The wedding and the reception were held at Fleming's Steakhouse & Wine Bar in Newport Beach, and, thanks to Christina Glenn, the event flowed seamlessly, the rooms were elegantly decorated and the food was GOOD. So thanks, Christina and the amazing private dining staff, for making Jodi and Mike's day special! 

Okay...I just have to say that this pretty lady.....Jodi.....is BEAUTIFUL and Mike is one lucky duck to have her as his wife :)
Classic beauty....through and through
I couldn't help myself....I loved the shoes!
One of the coolest things about their day was the emphasis they, and their whole family, put on the marriage contract. To most, the signing of the contract is just a formality that needs to get done before the party...but I loved how the symbolism of their promise is so important to them. Their contract was written in Hebrew and in English and it required the signatures of the bride, the groom, the rabbi, and two witnesses. Take a look at this thing! Beautiful....I want one at my wedding.
Sisterly love.... 

Their cake was made by Layer Cake Bakery in Irvine...and it was so simple and elegant.  
A big part of Mike and Jodi's lives revolve around their nieces and nephews....and two pretty ladies definitely played their part today. Vivian and Mia were both good sports as they got their nails and hair done....and even a little make up.  
At the end of the day...all that really matters....is family.



1 comment:

  1. how beautiful! and i LOVE her ring. gorgeous. how fun that you are doing so many engagement and wedding photos! YAY

    ReplyDelete

"Welcome and thanks for stopping by my blog! I've discovered recently that, in addition to photography, writing is a passion of mine and I've loved including you all in my personal journey this past year. So please feel free to read about my adventures, comment often, and enjoy my photos!"     - Kate Noelle | International Wedding & Portrait Photographer |