Saturday, November 22, 2008

Christmas Tree Hunting

Thanks again for everyone who voted for the bio pictures! Someone brought it to my attention that it's not an easy thing to figure out how to comment on my blog entries so...here's how you do it... at the end of each post there's a link that says the number of comments for the blog entry. If you click on it, another window will pop up and show the other comments. At the bottom of that window there will be a place for you to leave a comment of your own. Fill it in and it will ask you how you want to be identified. If you don't have a blogger account or a google email address, you can be identified by your website or your name or as an anonymous person. I'd love to know who you are so please use your name as your identity :). 

And for all of you who comment voted yesterday, I decided to go with Option 1...partly because I was partial to that one and you guys all confirmed my choice :). Thanks for your participation!

So this morning...at the crack of dawn...Christopher and I set out to Peltzer Pines to wait in line for a Christmas tree. Now, you're probably thinking we're crazy going out at 6am in November to pick out a Christmas tree...but little did you know...it's a family tradition for the Irvine Akamine family. BUT, this year my parents had to be a conference and couldn't be there....and so....it was Coffee Bean Hazelnut Lattes, Christopher, and me in line behind 30 other people at 6:30am this morning. We stood/sat/wandered in line for a couple hours and got bored...so we figured this would be a great opportunity to take fun pictures for the holidays. (We're Christmas fiends...) 

It was a bit chilly in Socal this morning...
There were more people than trees...I think...the line was LOOONG. Good thing we were there earlier. Christopher wanted to make sure we got a tree so he "borrowed my tripod"...just kidding.
Then we couldn't find the tree we liked.... and got a bit lost
Then we found it and posed with the receipt....yeah...we're avid Christmas tree hunters...that's our baby right behind us...and in two weeks, it'll be in our house! Hooray for Christmas!




After posing with our tree for a while, we all started to wonder what the Christmas trees must be thinking with all these people walking around, trampling them, and gawking at them. These next pictures are our attempt to speak for the trees...like Ferngully (spelling?) for Christmas trees...I know...we're odd people. But try to understand...

We had a ton of fun being weird, finding our tree, dressing like emo indie woodsmen hollister models, and celebrating the birth of our savior 32 days early :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Welcome and thanks for stopping by my blog! I've discovered recently that, in addition to photography, writing is a passion of mine and I've loved including you all in my personal journey this past year. So please feel free to read about my adventures, comment often, and enjoy my photos!"     - Kate Noelle | International Wedding & Portrait Photographer |