Saturday, April 4, 2009

Spring Break in Norcal: Day 1

Christopher is an elementary teacher and he is STOKED that his job allows for a spring break. A while ago, he said he wanted to take me to the place he grew up in... Brentwood, CA... to show me around and to spend time with his family. So that's just what we're doing this week... and it's definitely been fun and restful so far.

We left my house around 12:30pm yesterday and headed north through LA and up through the grapevine. These are just some shots from Chris' camera documenting our trip and I thought I'd share some with ya'all. 


As you can imagine....there was traffic up through LA till the start of the San Fernando Valley.... and knowing me... I was bored out of my mind. And of course... there's nothing more fun than taking pictures! Baha!

The absolute best part of the trip was the BEEEautiful wildflowers painting the hills yellow and purple! I told Chris it looked like someone spilled mustard all over the hills... he rolled his eyes as my rough analogy... but agreed it was beautiful.


The second we made it down the grapevine, we HAD to stop at a Starbucks...partly because I had enjoyed drinking a little too much iced tea and had to use the little girls' room...and partly because it's definitely an Akamine family tradition on roadtrips to stop at this Starbucks.

Aaaand this is totally unrelated, but I was snooping through Chris' pictures on his camera and found this one. I love it because of the color and the composition is totally cool! He said he was getting an oil change and decided to practice taking pictures... aw. Way to go Christopher! That's my guy... the photographer! Haha...

So Mom.... that's a recap of yesterday... today has been a good lazy Saturday, but I'll be back tomorrow with some fun and interesting updates of SPRING BREAK 2009! 

Peace for Now...


1 comment:

"Welcome and thanks for stopping by my blog! I've discovered recently that, in addition to photography, writing is a passion of mine and I've loved including you all in my personal journey this past year. So please feel free to read about my adventures, comment often, and enjoy my photos!"     - Kate Noelle | International Wedding & Portrait Photographer |