Monday, April 6, 2009

Spring Break: Day 3 & 4

Day 3:

Mr. Kernutt says to us "we're going to dinner to celebrate everyone's birthdays (Chris', Mrs. Kernutt's, and Mine) tonight so make sure you're dressed a little more fancy." We leave and none of us know where we're going... all we know is we're going to dinner and then dancing (?). So we show up to this place... and I'm stoked because I've never eaten here before.


We had an amazing dinner of prime cut filet steaks paired with a perfect merlot and... to top it all of each of the birthday kids got to choose a dessert compliments of Ruth's Chris. Yesss... this was one of the desserts after we all got done with it. This chocolate explosion cake definitely exploded...


Shot of us on our way to dinner....all prettied up :)

The family and me at dinner

Day 4:

Aaand today Christopher and I went on an adventure to San Francisco....and WE HAD SO MUCH FUN! The adventure started like all adventures begin... with conflict. Neither of us knew where to park or where anything was with all the tall buildings blocking our view. I mean... how is anyone supposed to navigate when you can't see anything? So we ended up parking by a museum and then decided to walk to Pier 39 for an "early lunch." As we walked, my internal compass red alerted me so I asked where exactly we were headed. Christopher thought he had some sort of direction and so he said "we'll just head down the street to the right" ....but all I saw ahead was a HUGE STEEP hill. We went with it and walked for, what seemed like, a mile into China town. My internal compass was red alerting along the way and finally I decided to check my Blackberry for some GPS help. LONG walk short...we ended up walking close to 4 miles before we found Pier 39. (long sigh...) This is us after we found our way and I had some coffee.... we liked each other again.


We finally stumbled across Boudin Sourdough Bakery on Pier 39.... my San Fran Mecca. And we ate our "early lunch" around 1pm....and it was SO GOOD! Probably the highlight of my day was the awesome Tomato Bisque Soup in a Sourdough bread bowl!


Yeah.... I dug in and it was REAL GOOD.

After lunch, we wandered around a bit more and headed down toward Ghirardelli Square to get some free samples! After a short trip to chocolate land, we stood in line for a ride back to the general vicinity of our car... on a famous cable car (since Christopher had never been on one). 

Once on the cable car... we sighed as we rested our poor feet. And I sneaked peaks at Christopher taking in his first cable car experience.... he was a happy boy on that ride :). Just look at that contented face!


The last portion of our adventure included some shopping, dinner at CPK, and some night shooting of the city sights. Here's some of my favorite shots from the day of Christopher sunglasses shopping... he decided he needs to broaden his fashion horizons... and this is what he came up with :) I was entertained for sure!



And now... as I write and reflect on the day... I'm grateful to be under a roof with a full belly and with my feet elevated with Christopher dead asleep on the couch beside me. We saw so many homeless and hurting today... breaks my heart and leaves me feeling small again... but also reminds me of how blessed I am. Hearts breaking... seems to be a reoccurring theme this Spring Break. Thanks be entirely and fully to Him for all He does...I pray for courage to do my part.

Peace for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Welcome and thanks for stopping by my blog! I've discovered recently that, in addition to photography, writing is a passion of mine and I've loved including you all in my personal journey this past year. So please feel free to read about my adventures, comment often, and enjoy my photos!"     - Kate Noelle | International Wedding & Portrait Photographer |