Tuesday, April 14, 2009

John and Christina "Will You" Part 2

I think beards are funny. It really depends on the person, but it's really a hit or miss idea. Some men (and sometimes women :( ) sport beards just because they can....and really shouldn't. But some men (not women) sport them because they actually add personality and maturity to their appearance in a good way. I've heard  that it's a  gift many men covet... a secret and  silent acknowledgement of ultimate masculinity. Yet others still argue that it's an old world commodity to be retired along with mullets and white wigs. While they are itchy sometimes, I still think they're becoming.

If you recall, John and Christina asked me to shoot their engagement pictures in January....with the intention of shooting "Part 2" closer to their wedding day. The reason behind this random request was this whole beard business. Christina agrees with me... beards are nice... sometimes. For her, John's beard made his look more rugged...mature... True. Here's a shot from Part 1.

But she also really likes him with no beard... his face is less scratchy to kiss, he's a different kind of handsome, and his beardless face shows his youthful glow. I agree... John's quite the handsome young man both with a beard and without....so here's Part 2 "Adventures of the Beardless Future Kohlenbergs"...




For this shoot, John and Christina wanted more of a fun and carefree feel. They chose to take their shots in Ocean Beach, San Diego... on their home turf. We started a little before sunset and made our way around town having fun and taking some pretty sweet shots! Thanks ever so much to Christopher who was, yet again, an amazing 2nd shooter and lighting guy! :) (P.S. it's his birthday tomorrow...you all should show him some love!)


I love this shot (I know...another shoe shot) because their shoes are SO THEM! John's crazy casual off the wall retro style Vans.... and Christina's sweet and practical complimentary off-the-wall style lace up vans.... at the beach. Too good :)


This one just cracks me up...




The shoot wouldn't be complete without a healthy serving of their crazy-cool sweetly-romantic style of just being themselves in front of the camera...


I CANNOT wait to hang out with them and shoot their wedding on May 24th... Make sure to check out their wedding website and show them some love!

5 comments:

  1. These are so awesome! I gotta check back here more often! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Kate! all your subjects seems to have fun on all your sessions!

    good job sister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute engagements. Great blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I meant to comment on this a long time ago... but my internet wasn't cooperating! I LOVE this whole photo shoot. Beautiful colors, personality, lighting, and everything in between. You have a great knack for posing... something I need to work on :-/

    ReplyDelete

"Welcome and thanks for stopping by my blog! I've discovered recently that, in addition to photography, writing is a passion of mine and I've loved including you all in my personal journey this past year. So please feel free to read about my adventures, comment often, and enjoy my photos!"     - Kate Noelle | International Wedding & Portrait Photographer |