Thursday, April 9, 2009

Spring Break Recap... Norcal Adventures

As Christopher and I made our way through the rolling green pastures in the outskirts of Brentwood, I drowsily thought about my time with his family. And as I sat there sipping my coffee, a rather disconcerting thought came to me. I am not a patient person. Wonderful. As much as I try sometimes, I want to just "get there now" and "be a perfect person/photographer now." NOW. I sat there just thinking about how impatient I had been the whole week. I wanted to get to Brentwood sooner than the 6.5 hours it took to get there, I wanted to be comfortable with meeting new people faster than it happened, I wanted to get to San Francisco faster than the 1.5 hours it took to get there. I wanted to park right across the street from Pier 39 instead of walking 5 miles. And I wanted to get to the mall faster than the hour it took to get there. There's never been a "stop and smell the roses...for a while" part of me... it's been more like "stop and smell them as you take a picture of them." I guess, when it comes to life on this earth,  I need to relax a bit more and actually enjoy the process of things instead of just getting there already.

Note to self: Stop and SMELL the flowers... not just take pictures of them.

Overall...Spring Break this year has been fun, relaxing (for the most part) and a much needed change of scenery. Meeting new people is never easy for me, but it's made easier when the people you're meeting are so wonderful. Brentwood definitely isn't home for me, but it has it's beauty and character that I wish parts of Orange County could have. Now it's back to work and back to the gym for me! 

P.S. I'm craving some good soccer playin' time... anyone know of some pick up games in Orange County happening soon?

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Welcome and thanks for stopping by my blog! I've discovered recently that, in addition to photography, writing is a passion of mine and I've loved including you all in my personal journey this past year. So please feel free to read about my adventures, comment often, and enjoy my photos!"     - Kate Noelle | International Wedding & Portrait Photographer |