Tuesday, April 21, 2009

April 21st

As I sit at my computer this morning I'm not entirely sure what to think. Today's my birthday--woop woop!-- and it's not the same as it was when I was 12. When I was younger, the whole month of April seemed to be filled overflowing with anticipation and everything else in life seemed to fade to grey as the day approached. I won't lie... I had countdowns when I was younger... 365 days...364 days...etc. Yup.. I was all about birthdays. This year though, as lame as I may sound, I had a different kind of anticipation a month before....more like anxiety! Seriously.... but, being the hypochondriac I am, I was sure I felt my back start going, wrinkles on my face suddenly appeared, and I lost the desire to stay up past 9pm. I feel old.... and I know everyone older than me is rolling their eyes at me and walking away, but IT'S TRUE!!! 

No... it's not really THAT bad... I've just become conscious of how fast time flies and it makes me nervous thinking about how much I want to do and how much of an impact I want to make on my world.... if I think about it too much, it gets overwhelming and then the hypochondriac-monster kicks in. It feels kind of like the heater you left on in your last night blasting you the second you turn the ignition... on a hot day. "Baahhhh! Turn it off! Turn it off!"

At the same time, life at 23 has perks that life at 12 didn't have.....like getting roses and a love note left on my car from an amazing and incredibly good-looking boyfriend, driving my car to the gym to work out because I can, going with my best friend Cricket to get a manicure and pedicure because that's what we do, and working...for myself....on wedding pictures and portraits....what I love doing most. So I guess the lesson in the number 23 is learning perspective... and to never blink. Thanks be to God... <3

This shot is from Gwen and Dom's Engagement shoot I did in December... I just love this picture and I love this girl!... I feel so blessed to be able to share in the special events in my friends' lives with my camera....

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Welcome and thanks for stopping by my blog! I've discovered recently that, in addition to photography, writing is a passion of mine and I've loved including you all in my personal journey this past year. So please feel free to read about my adventures, comment often, and enjoy my photos!"     - Kate Noelle | International Wedding & Portrait Photographer |