Tuesday, May 26, 2009

John and Christina's "I Do"

The day started at the Botsford's house. Christopher and I pulled up with our coffee and Hector's burritos and chatted about the plans for the day as we waited for the bridal party to arrive. Christina and her maid of honor Carrie pulled up and I was amused to see Christina in the front seat in her sweats, her veil and a big smile. Thus began the day. As Christina got ready, her bridesmaids enjoyed a morning jump on the trampoline and the moms bustled around busily steaming things and checking on the bride to be. When Christina was finally ready to go, she was a brilliant bride! Her dress was perfect for her... that's all... just perfect.

We made our way over to a friend's house to meet John before the ceremony and when we arrived.... I was in AWE! The place was beeeaautiful! Many thanks to the Gamboa's for letting us use the property for a while! It was such a privilege to be included in their day and I felt such joy and peace as John and Christina saw each other for the first time before the ceremony! It was such an intimate and romantic moment... it made me all misty-eyed. 

There's so much I could say about John and Christina, but I'll save you a week and just say this. It was my honor and such a blessing to be your wedding photographer, I couldn't have asked for better friends or better clients than you. You truly are my poster couple! Enjoy... (ps... the slideshow takes a little while to load... please be patient... )
Just a few shoutouts: Thanks to Diane Reichenbach of Whimsey Florals for Christina's perfect flowers, to Annie Botsford for the very professional looking cake, to I Love Tacos for the delicious food, and to the best 2nd shooter in the entire world.... Christopher!

6 comments:

  1. Kate,
    As always you did a fabulous job. You captured the spirit of the couple and brought the audience in for a peak. So far no wedding has been the same, you are still finding unique shots for the couple to remember forever. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the song. Plus I think it's quite amazing that the bride is Christina and her maid of honor is Carrie. :)

    The pictures are incredible Kate. You never cease to amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every single one of these is fantastic. i am so proud of you katie.. seriously BLESSED to know you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Umm.. ok first let me wipe the tears from my eyes!!! I can not thank you enough for allowing me to see their day! You are so talented.. so thoughtful and I am just so proud of you!! Thank you.. Thank you!! Much love my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job on these photos! The scenery is great! The couple is awesome! Overall, just realy good lighting, colors, and composition. I enjoyed the slideshow a lot! =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are awesome kate!!! good job! i love the pictures!!! I can't wait to see the rest of them!

    Kari

    ReplyDelete

"Welcome and thanks for stopping by my blog! I've discovered recently that, in addition to photography, writing is a passion of mine and I've loved including you all in my personal journey this past year. So please feel free to read about my adventures, comment often, and enjoy my photos!"     - Kate Noelle | International Wedding & Portrait Photographer |