Sunday, May 3, 2009

Tom and Monica's " I Do"

I know that a photographer's goal is to book and shoot their own client's weddings, but I think part of the fun of learning and "becoming" is spending time shooting with other photographers. Yesterday I had the privilege of shooting with the esteemed Justin Lee  and the super fun Gabrielle Fox from San Diego. Justin was so fun to work with and I'm so grateful for the opportunity to learn and have fun with him at his client's wedding! Danielle and I had a blast helping him out for the day. So although this wasn't my wedding, I thoroughly enjoyed playing and experimenting and capturing all the details of the day!

The day started at the ritzy La Valencia Hotel in La Jolla. You know it's a nice place when the name's written in gold on pavement.

An elevator as old as my grandfather took us to the correct floor and as we walked through the hotel to join the girls as they got ready for the day, I noted the glamourous vintage chandeliers, the antique finished furniture and ginormous (which, by the way is a word now... it's in the dictionary!) mirrors that decorated the hallways. As we walked through the door of the room, we were greeted with big smiles and this view through the room's european style windows.

Can you say Gorgeous? ...Yeah! Here are my favorite shots from the day... 



It wouldn't be a Kate Noelle blog without some shoes!


This shot makes me want to jump up and down I love it so much... as we were walking through the hotel taking some quick shots before the ceremony, I saw this balcony and the lighting was fantabulous... we couldn't resist! And Monica's dress was just amazing... 
Wanna know what she was looking at through that picturesque doorway? This scenic view of downtown La Jolla... blue waters... palm trees... warm weather... a perfect Socal day if you ask me!



Grandma was precious with her Swarovsky Crystals... just so happy to be at the wedding!


Monica's mom was probably the best dressed MOTB (mother of the bride) I've ever seen! She just looked simply stunning in her sequined charcoal boat-necked knee-length dress and that chic Vogue style coat to match. She was just so happy to be taking part in her daughter's big day! Man... when I'm a mom her age, I want to look like her... and I hope I have her fashion sense too!

There were two precious flower girls by the names of Macy and Nina. Macy was super cute, but was all over the place! That girl could move... as you can see. But it was always  a pleasure to see her little curls blowing in her wake...



This is Macy's sister Nina. Nina loved two things that day.... being photographed and Monica. Nina was just plain stoked on life to be a part of Monica's wedding and you could catch her gazing admiringly at Monica's beautiful dress and bouquet. 

One of the highlights of the reception was Tom's song he wrote for Monica. It was a total surprise and I think everyone was very impressed and touched by his attention to lyrical and musical detail... brought some to tears while others just listened in agreement with his words. He was quite the talented guitarist strutting his stuff with a "Weezer meets OMC" style acoustic piece... epic Tom!
And, just to be clear.... just in case  you were wondering.... this is NOT my 50mm lens. Nikon all the way baby! And even though I was the odd man out between Justin, Gabi, and I.... Nikon sure can deliver! Holla!
Sum = Great day+Beautiful weather+Beautiful bride+Fun party+Great Wedding.






1 comment:

  1. Hi! I don't know you- but I'm friends with Justin. I saw his link to your photo page and thought I'd come check it out. Great stuff, Keep up the great work.

    I saw that you're a Nikon Fan- YES! What do you shoot with? I have a D300 with a Nikkor 50mm 1.8 and a Sigma 18-50mm 2.8. Wouldn't shoot with anything but Nikon, :)

    Hopefully you aren't creeped out by this, haha. Did you go to YWAM Joel and Justin?

    ReplyDelete

"Welcome and thanks for stopping by my blog! I've discovered recently that, in addition to photography, writing is a passion of mine and I've loved including you all in my personal journey this past year. So please feel free to read about my adventures, comment often, and enjoy my photos!"     - Kate Noelle | International Wedding & Portrait Photographer |