Thursday, May 7, 2009

Group Hugs and Cute Babies

It's been a little over a year since I last saw Carrie and Joel and our friends from YWAM. Yesterday I flew across the country to come and celebrate and shoot their wedding, and to spend some quality time with old friends from around the continent. Jenn flew from Vancouver, Rebecca and Lauren flew from Kansas, I flew from California, and Joel's friend's and family flew from Seattle.... and Milly will be joining us soon! It was wierd when we all first arrived at the castle in Germany and it was surreal seeing people from literally every continent coming together to learn, love, and serve Jesus together. I feel so honored to be able to spend time with these people and to be a part of this "something sacred" we have. This morning I woke up (late and jet lagged a bit) to the sounds of everyone in the living room worshipping with guitars and song.... where else does this happen? Love it...

This is a shot I got of Carrie and Joel at the airport as we were waiting for Justin's flight to come in...

The group thought it would be fun to make and hold up signs for Justin with his name on it... this is what we came up with.... such a creative bunch! Justin loved it...

We sat in rocking chairs... and sang old inspirationals and country songs as we waited for Justin's delayed flight.... what airport has rocking chairs? Loved it!...


This is Carrie's niece Lilly... she's probably the cutest thing since the Kumquat was made. And this is a shot I got of her inhaling her mandarin oranges! So cute!


Well... we're off to Walmart and to do some last minute shopping for Carrie's Partaaaay today! I'll keep you posted on events of the weekend!





No comments:

Post a Comment

"Welcome and thanks for stopping by my blog! I've discovered recently that, in addition to photography, writing is a passion of mine and I've loved including you all in my personal journey this past year. So please feel free to read about my adventures, comment often, and enjoy my photos!"     - Kate Noelle | International Wedding & Portrait Photographer |