Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Josh and Katie's "I Do"

Preface: I arrived a little before schedule at what I thought was the Wyper residence. Got my stuff, grabbed my coffee, put on a big smile and rang the doorbell with anticipation of what Katie looked like thus far in her "getting ready." A dog barked and a disheveled and rather sleepy looking woman I didn't recognize answered the door. A bit alarmed.... I asked "...is Katie here?..." Silence and stares. "Nope... I think you have the wrong house." Pause. "Sorry... " Door shuts. "Yup," I thought, "I'm an idiot." And that was the beginning of a rather clumsy day on my part.... good thing the wedding and people were AWESOME.

Real story: So I drove up the next street... (the correct one) and found the real Wyper residence. And as I hoped, Katie ran to get the door with her moussed hair flying and big smile extended to welcome me into the wedding day craziness. Her girls were all there getting ready in the bathroom.... curling irons were out, straighteners were heating up, bobby pins were scattered on every inch of the bathroom... and old friends gabbed about old times as they got beautified for the day. Katie immediately found her prized decor for the day.. her rings and her cowgirl boots and said "have fun!" I thought to myself, "Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! This wedding's gonna be AWESOME!" And it was just that.... nothing short of AWESOME.... cuz that's how Katie and Josh roll.

She designed her invites, decided her colors, picked her dress, found the venue, decided on a caterer, had her cake designed and picked her decorator all within a few weeks of being engaged..... this girl planned a Martha Stewart-worthy wedding all on her own in less than 3 months. Katie's pretty much the awesome-est girl EVER. 

If you're wondering what Josh brought to the table for the AWESOME-ness of the wedding day.... he brought MAN-ness. Yeah...I made up my own word for it.... Josh is THE MAN. His face says MAN, his smile (Katie calls it his "smoldering" look) says MAN, and his dressy/casual/classy white button down, navy pants, and big silver belt buckle was the epitome of MAN. Katie the colorful, lacey, girly, beautiful bride... and Josh the solid, navy and white, tall dark and handsome groom. LOVED IT!

The celebration was painted with the love and full support of family and friends. Their choice of classical music filled the afternoon air as the sun shone bright and beautiful, illuminating her summery colors of white, turquoise, and pastel yellow. It was a beautiful wedding, and it was so much fun to be a part of! Here is just a feel for the day... (ps... give it some time to load)


Special thanks to Christopher for being the world's best 2nd shooter yet again, to Jay's Catering for the wonderful lunch, to the Wyper family for having the entire wedding and reception in their beautiful backyard, and Melody Brandon of Sweet and Saucy Shop for the super cute and yummy cake!

5 comments:

  1. I am soooo loving her dress and veil.
    way to rock it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures! I was so sad I couldn't be there :( Thanks for letting me relive it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a FUN wedding, PRECIOUS couple, PERFECT song, INCREDIBLE dress, and PRICELESS wedding photographer! i love the blue car shots!

    p.s. do you EVER shoot unattractive ppl?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the gorgeous photo of my cake! When you get a chance I would love the full size so I can put it up on my website! (I am writing this at Kate's house, so I think I'm under her name...whoops)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely fabulous! You have such talent...it was so fun to spend the day with you!!

    ReplyDelete

"Welcome and thanks for stopping by my blog! I've discovered recently that, in addition to photography, writing is a passion of mine and I've loved including you all in my personal journey this past year. So please feel free to read about my adventures, comment often, and enjoy my photos!"     - Kate Noelle | International Wedding & Portrait Photographer |