Thursday, May 14, 2009

Josh and Katie's "Will You"

Katie Jesch (aka "Meadow"), who's best friends with Kate Porath (aka "Kora") was introduced to me, Kate Noelle (aka "Bam Bam") last summer when I spent some time up at Adventure Mountain subbing for Katie Jesch. The funny thing is, my cousin's girlfriend Kate Erickson (no other alias) also grew up with Katie Jesch and Kate Porath in Tustin... and she recognized Katie Jesch in some of the photos I took at camp. It's a good thing Kate/Katie is a good name because we're definitely all wearing it out. 

After summer, I had the chance to meet Josh at a birthday party and I was pleasantly surprised at how PERFECT these two are. Seriously... they're two peas in their own little crazy pod... and it's HILARIOUS to observe.

When Katie Jesch, the brilliant creative behind Katie Jesch Designs, sneakily emailed me through my website contact form about shooting her wedding, I literally almost peed my pants with excitement and I called her on my way home to say YEEEEEESSSSSSS! Since then, we've been able to meet a few times and chat, she showed me her dress and her ring and told me all about the colors and invitations and distressed painted doors and old rusty cars... all the little annoying detail stuff that both she and I live by. And slowly but surely, she's built up crazy anticipation on my end. I have dreams... both the day and night kind.. about how AWESOME her wedding will be May 31st.

Anyways... I love these two and I'm super excited to spend some more time with them as their day draws closer. On Monday, I caffeinated myself up to spend some time shooting some engagement shots with the future Mr. and Mrs. Wyper... and we definitely shared a lot of laughs! Katie may say she looks awkward in front of the camera, but I don't believe her... these photos proved her wrong... and it makes me laugh just looking at some of them because we had so much fun!

Just a little Katie humor for you... I say "ready set FIERCE FACE!" and this is what happens...

I have to say... Josh is the ultimate man's man. They met working at REI for goodness sake! I love how they mesh so well... Katie is the beautiful, tiny, and fiery blonde one, and he's the tall, dark, and handsome one. Can you say sweep me off my feet?
Intertwined in their giddy sense of humor, there's tremendous passion that comes out when you least expect it. I love how in love they are.... it shows and it's beautiful!



Here's a great one of Josh instructing Katie on the proper delivery of a "Fierce Face."


This series cracks me up every time because it looks like a proposal... Josh mouthing the words "Will... You...Marry... Me.... PLEASE?" What really happened should probably stay under wraps, but it definitely involved a thorn sticking someone in the butt, and a dramatic removal of the pinnately compound perennial. Never a dull moment!


These last ones are my absolute favorite... 
I'm counting down the days until their much anticipated wedding in Redlands... I'll be sure to keep you posted!


3 comments:

  1. LOVE these... cant wait to see more and see you tomorrow!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm.. what wedding is this??

    annnd i LOVE the 3rd one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These turned out great.

    I'm totally impressed.

    I agree with Betsy- the third is a favorite

    ReplyDelete

"Welcome and thanks for stopping by my blog! I've discovered recently that, in addition to photography, writing is a passion of mine and I've loved including you all in my personal journey this past year. So please feel free to read about my adventures, comment often, and enjoy my photos!"     - Kate Noelle | International Wedding & Portrait Photographer |