Saturday, January 17, 2009

Showit Sites Contest

Towards the end of 2008, I grew tired of having so many things half finished with my business. It seemed like I was pulling everything slowly together over the months, but it was always so awkward telling people "I have a website...but it's not done yet", or "I'm a wedding and portrait photographer...but I'm still starting out".... just not the best marketing. That's why I set a goal for myself... to have my website completely done by Dec. 31st 2008... so I could bring in the new year with a fully functional site and portfolio people could actually visit and get a sense of me and my work in. A couple weeks after I had set that deadline, I received an email from David Jay with Showit Sites about their 2008 Site of the Year contest! I was STOKED and worked even harder with the 1st place prize in the forefront of my mind. And since January 1st, I've been obsessively checking the site hoping they had chosen the finalists....FINALLY thursday they began the voting process on Open Source Photo. (Side Note: Some of you complain about how much I Twitter...but it was through Twitter that I found out they had begun the voting process! So Ha!) I began to tweet out to all those who follow me to vote for my site until I realized I had no idea if I was a finalist (kind of arrogant of you Kate...I know... :-/ ) So I went on the site and BOOYAH! I'm a finalist! So now, all the members of the online community Open Source Photo will be voting until next Thursday when they tally the votes and come out with the results. Apparently there were about 50 entries and they narrowed it to 30...not too shabby! As I was looking at the sites though, I was put back in my bowl of humbled-sauce because not only were the other sites AM-azing, but there were so many that were VERY good. So I probably won't win, but I was so excited that I made the consolations the first time around :). But hey...it's nothing prayer and an Almighty God can't make happen right? ;)

1 comment:

"Welcome and thanks for stopping by my blog! I've discovered recently that, in addition to photography, writing is a passion of mine and I've loved including you all in my personal journey this past year. So please feel free to read about my adventures, comment often, and enjoy my photos!"     - Kate Noelle | International Wedding & Portrait Photographer |