Sunday, January 11, 2009

December

Today I finished reading "Jesus Wants to Save Christians" by Rob Bell and Don Golden. I'm a huge fan of Rob Bell's writing style and what he has to say about Christianity and relevant spiritual issues...so it was really a no brainer I wanted to read this one. Okay...funny story (well not really funny...but...anyways...) I got this book for Christopher for Christmas...and as I was previewing it (to make sure he'd like it), I got hooked and ended up reading 95% of it. I know...I'm a horrible person for giving a book I read first. But as it turns out, he was stoked I had chosen to read it first because more than anything he LOVES to talk about books. But that's a sidenote. Back on topic... I found it extremely interesting that they began the book by talking about Genesis and how things got to be the way they are today in the world, in the sense that America is somewhat of a modern day Egypt. I won't ruin the book for you because you all should read it, but it was strikingly similar to how Daniel Quinn, author of "Ishmael", depicted how the world came to be the way it is today. How the Egypt that oppressed the Israelites can be paralleled to Babylon... and Rome... and America. I won't spoil it, but it was probably one of the better books I've read recently...and Christopher would agree with me.

This past weekend has been pretty much awesome. Even though I had to work everyday of it, I got SO MUCH DONE! I don't know about anyone else, but I LOVE checking things off my checklist.... I pretty much make lists for everything... just because I like checking them off when I finish them. I'm a nerd. What's new? A.D.D. ...sorry. Yes, I got a lot done this weekend and even got in 8 miles in the in-between times. One of the items on my to-do list has been to back up every single image I've taken in the past couple years and catalog them in my brand spankin' new external hard drive WOO HOO!!! It's so cool! And as I was going through the images, I remembered the random good moments I had behind my lens last month. December wasn't too busy with weddings and engagements so I had the chance to shoot more for fun than anything else. Here's my favorite moments from December...

I got this hat from GAP and I absolutely love it. But my family makes fun of me... they call it my "Pattington Bear Hat" after the cute cartoon bear who wears a RAIN COAT AND RAIN HAT...NOT my cute GAP hat that makes me look British and artsy :) 

My mom is obsessed with Nutcrackers. We have an army of them lining the stairs during the holidays.... it's a bit ridiculous. (But... the cats love scaring themselves silly by knocking the top one over so they domino down the stairs making a big racket.... my mom get's so mad... it's funny!) So my sister Melissa and I decided to get her one from Germany... the home of all Nutcrackers :) I contacted my YWAM friend Jasmin Alber in Nurenberg and she went Nutcracker shopping at the famous Christmas Market there. She emailed me several times saying "we met many nutcracker" and she finally found us the perfect one. So then I sent her Euros and she sent the perfect Nutcracker. As you can see... my mom was a happy lady Christmas morning! Thanks Jasmin!

I love Christmas Colors... one of my favorite smells of Christmas is the scent of pine in the living room :)

I am lucky enough to live in southern California where it's somewhat tropical, but not really. I am also lucky enough to have family from Hawaii... who love to grow plants from Hawaii to make it feel more tropical. This is our Plumeria plant in our backyard and I was quite amused that it's in bloom in December... it still is in bloom... 



We had some incredible rains in the beginning of December and I loved every second of it. One of my favorite things in the world is to fall asleep to the sound of rain outside while I'm warm in my bed... so comforting!

After the rains came beautiful clean blue skies! The clouds were beautiful.... loved it!




A week before Christmas, Christopher led worship at Irvine Presbyterian Church at their contemporary service called Veritas. The guys in the band were solid and it was so cool to see Christopher explore a new avenue... one in which he gets paid to do what he's gifted in and loves... making music to the King! If you get a chance, come check Veritas out at 7pm on Sunday evenings! Christopher and the band will be leading worship.... don't miss it! :) I'll be there for sure.

Not only does December mean Christmas time, but it means birthday time. Both my mom and dad's birthdays fall in December... in fact, they're a week apart! (How cute) This was my dad's awesome birthday cake... my mom makes the BEST carrot cake in the entire world... no joke. I'd bet my Figero's life on it ;)
As I continue to run into past photos that are particularly special to me...I'll keep 'em coming in between weddings and other photo gigs. Yeehaw!

3 comments:

  1. i LOVE the picture of the plumeria! would love to buy it from you and frame it someday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your hat! AND, I love Paddington Bear...I grew up on him! Thats partially why I LOVE marmalade!!!
    Also, the photo from T-hawks b-day is awesome...if possible, can you email it to Steve or I?
    Thanks!
    Happy 2009!!
    S:)

    ReplyDelete

"Welcome and thanks for stopping by my blog! I've discovered recently that, in addition to photography, writing is a passion of mine and I've loved including you all in my personal journey this past year. So please feel free to read about my adventures, comment often, and enjoy my photos!"     - Kate Noelle | International Wedding & Portrait Photographer |