Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Can I Get a Drum Roll...

Welcome to my new blog! I'm super excited to start writing again after this long hiatus of sorts. I hope all of you who followed me through Europe and Thailand will join me through the next chapter of my adventures...this time AT HOME pursuing the call to serve Him.
So what's been happening lately? It will t
ake a couple posts to fill you in on everything, but the short version for now....


April: Came home from a long journey April 5th and spent a lot of time catching up with everyone, post-processing pictures, sleeping, going to the beach, and recuperating...

May: More recuperation time, visiting with friends and family still....celebrated my dear friend Kim's Graduation from UCSD with her amazing family. She is sooo beautiful and I'm sooo proud of her and all of her accomplishments!


Plus...that dress was way cute!

June: Started working at a local coffee shop called It's a Grind on Culver and Irvine Center Dr. in Irvine.....and I love working for Tina and Dave Martinez.... :). I also had the opportunity to shoot some Portraits for a family friend....thus began my photography business....Kate Noelle Photography. I also spent some time up at Adventure Mountain working as a Nation Guide for the new director of Junior Program....SPORX! :)....solid guy...

July: My good friends Martin and Melly from Germany surprised me in late June and I had the privilege of spending a couple weeks with them....miss you guys! 

And...congratulations on getting married!

The end of July was marked by a dear friend and mentor's birthday! He's been working at Forest Home for a number of years and it's been an honor and a privilege working for him and learning from him. It was a great day and I hope he had tons of fun!

This is "Silly Pants" riding the Giant Swing for the first time....can you feel the joy?

Here's the birthday boy himself...and all of those awesome people who came to celebrate with him!

August: A highlight was shooting some portraits for my good friend Caitlin Parrott who's an amazing musician.....and later in August I shot a wedding with a Lynn Dann (a family friend) who happens to be an awesome event planner. The beautiful couple, Joe and Christina, were so photogenic and so gracious to allow me the opportunity to share their day! Thanks guys! I ended this packed month with yet another great week at camp with the kiddies and the awesome staff! Oh...and I got a new computer! Hallelujiah.....and new post-processing programs for my photos.

September: I began the month with a much needed time away from the distraction of everyday life....at Forest Home for Briefing. I spent some quality time with one of my favorite people on earth....Meghan Parrott.....as well as the very talented band members of Bel Air Presbyterian Church's worship band...featuring Caitlin Parrott ;). I also started some school at Orange Coast College...I'm taking only two classes...a Business and Marketing for Photography class, and a Photoshop I class (which I LOVE). I've been working at the coffee shop quite a bit....and later in the month, I had yet another opportunity to shoot a wedding with Lynn...this time for Matt and Amanda. It just so happened that I played soccer for years with Amanda and we were on the same team when I was like 7 or 8 years old....random. That was a lot of fun and I thoroughly enjoyed sharing the day with them and their families.

And now....October....

Time flies when you're busy...haha...and I've definitely been busy. I'm in the process of starting my own business in Wedding and Portrait photography and it's a lot of work and a lot of time. I feel like I've been telling people that I'm "in process" and it's driving me crazy that I can't get it all done and be perfect at it RIGHT NOW....but it really is a process and I apologize that it hasn't been quicker. I am designing my own website....and it's STILL IN PROGRESS.....but please keep your eyes peeled for the launch of it...I'll probably send an email out when I do saying "HALELUJIAH IT'S DONE! NOW GO VISIT AND TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW!" 

So before I go, I want to shout out to a couple people who've been my lifelines these past couple months through the thick and the thin...Betsy...Iloveyoumissyouneedyou. Chris....thank you for being you! Jon Lau in Hong Kong....JR in Paris (by the way....you're still my hero....)...Nathan in GermanyEgyptTanzaniaTexas....Meghan Parrott....and Cricket (we need to bake more...). And most of all, my family....thanks for putting up with me.

Peace for Now

6 comments:

  1. Kate, congratulations on starting your own business and the new website. Took a gander at a few of your pictures and they are amazing. Keep at it and im proud and im happy for you. Oh, and no shout out to me, brutal. Just playing. Take it easy Kate, Love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate,

    I'm so stoked that you will be shooting this wedding with me next month; can't wait. I will send you all the info in a bit in the mean time, practice, practice, practice!!!

    GBY
    JackRatana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Katie bear, so proud of you and everything your doing. I love you and miss you tons. Make sure you include me in that email list when you get your site done.
    love you lots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay! i'm so excited you are doing this... i can't wait to see your beautiful work. you are definitely going to be a huge successful with your business!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This blog is LOVELY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. twin!! all your photos are beautifuuuul! you have such an amazing talent... you always have, and i'm so glad that you're finally putting your talent and your 7 months of ywam training to use! :) so proud of you<3

    ReplyDelete

"Welcome and thanks for stopping by my blog! I've discovered recently that, in addition to photography, writing is a passion of mine and I've loved including you all in my personal journey this past year. So please feel free to read about my adventures, comment often, and enjoy my photos!"     - Kate Noelle | International Wedding & Portrait Photographer |