Wednesday, June 17, 2009

When Times Get Tough...

I think you'll all agree with me, there are times when life just seems too hard... like there's so much out of our control and such difficult circumstances, it would be easier than making Top Ramen to just throw in the towel and say "I GIVE UP!" I couple summers ago, I was in that place and it seemed that all life consisted of was heartache, working to make money, going to the gym to blow off steam, and sleeping. One of my best friends Cricket suggested I "seriously" start an art journal. She used the word "seriously" because she knew I do art when I want to, but learning how to channel everything I thought and felt into art was different. I took her up on the challenge after I found a sweet papyrus accordion fold journal at Paper Source.... and since then, it's been one of the few outlets that "gets it all out", if you catch my drift.

Life has been more difficult than I wish recently, and there's way too much lack of control for my liking. So when Christopher told me he wanted to spend a Saturday afternoon with God, I jumped at the opportunity and readied my art box. I slowly set up shop with everything I had... my "schuff" took up the entire table and then some... and I began to paint. These are some of the things I made and I just wanted to share them with you because I think they're awesome!

This painting was basically heart overflow onto canvas. Life stemming from giving my cares to Him and the hope that He hears me.


This one I named "Growing Differently"...


I think it's awesome that, with the things God put in me, I am able to give everything straight back to Him both when life is beautiful and the sun's shining, and also when everything seems to be going wrong. Thank you Jesus! What are the things God put in you (aka gifts)? What are the things you love to do? How do you de-stress? Do you de-stress by doing what you love to do?

4 comments:

  1. You have such an amazing talent in photography and art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed your work,but what really hit hard were the questions at the end. You are always challenging those who are touched by your life to stretch and give it up for God. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how much are you selling that second one for? ;)

    ReplyDelete

"Welcome and thanks for stopping by my blog! I've discovered recently that, in addition to photography, writing is a passion of mine and I've loved including you all in my personal journey this past year. So please feel free to read about my adventures, comment often, and enjoy my photos!"     - Kate Noelle | International Wedding & Portrait Photographer |