Friday, June 19, 2009

Brendon and Shannon's "Will You"

She had a HUGE crush on him. He secretly had a HUGE crush on her. They went to Vienna for a mini outreach with the YWAM Herrnhut base for the World Cup last summer. She got "stuck" with him one night. God spoke. Their worlds shook. Now here I am in Wyoming documenting their love story so all will know HE IS GOD.

So the intro is a bit dramatic don't you think? Me too, but the thing that kills me is it's 100% true. You think I'm joking... I'm so glad I'm not! Here's a bit more of an explanation...

I met Shannon in 2007 in Germany during our Discipleship Training School for Mission Photography. She was brushing her teeth when I introduced myself... and immediately we were friends. I love this girl. She sweeter than cupcakes, gorgeous, energetic, and such a woman after God's own heart! I met Brendon yesterday. HA! But from what she has told me about him, he himself, is a man chasing after God and they're PERFECT for each other!

There are very few stories I've heard that involve God so tangibly present in the relationship. For Brendon and Shannon, God is the ONLY reason they're together. Shannon's the kind of girl who throws God curve balls... she loves to test Him. As she's been praying for her future husband over the years, she's told God a few requirements... the next person she dated had to be her husband, she wanted a ring to know how much He loves her, and she wanted Him to give her a SIGN that that man was "the one".... not just any sign, but white lilies.  

They got pizza in Vienna one night. They walked around afterwards talking and found an awesome cathedral. They decided to explore inside the cathedral. Inside the cathedral was hundreds of white lilies and no one else inside but the two of them. Shannon almost peed her pants because He gave her the sign. Brendon was the one.

Brendon is such a man of faith and prayer. When he heard God's voice saying Shannon was the one, he freaked a bit because he didn't have a ring and he lived on a missionary's salary... nothing. So he prayed. He prayed hard. He talked with his friend in the states who did YWAM with him the year prior and they prayed together. Hard. That same friend had a sister who had a ring she didn't know what to do with. That sister prayed and decided she wanted to give the ring to Brendon. Brendon praised Jesus and proposed. The ring fit like it was made for Shannon's finger. God is GOOD.

And now, I'm in Lander, Wyoming to document the day they make vows to love and set themselves apart for each other with their family and friends and their God present. Here's some shots from our little last minute engagement shoot we did today...





Aaand a taste of main street in Lander... I feel a bit like a country girl :D



The weather was beautiful and the contrasting colors of the red rock, the green pastures, and the blue sky was breathtaking... we soaked it in for all it's worth!



Shannon found this awesome little door in the side of the mountain. This door and the surrounding run down farm was dated back to the early 1800s.... CRAZY!!











If you haven't noticed, I'm a HUGE fan of photo booth style portraits... the couple really comes out and has fun in them!






We even hung out in a country western bar complete with cowboys, beer, and a pool table. Here's a cute shot of Shannon pretending she doesn't know how to play pool... ;) Look at that look!



And this was my absolute favorite shot of the day... they swore they aren't photogenic. BAH HAH... whatever! How good do they look!?


Needless to say, I am STOKED to be shooting their wedding tomorrow and I just know it will be one I'll never forget. In going to the rehearsal tonight, I was taken aback at how BEAUTIFUL the place is. I can't wait to show you! Stay tuned....

4 comments:

  1. I love the black and white one with Shannon in the forground and Brendon in back of her. Boy Kate, you are good! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    okay.. the photobooth style shots= KILLER
    annnd i LOVE that shannon is blushing in the next one! :)
    and your absolute favorite one is definitely my absolute favorite!

    asdfjlkj;sdf i'm speechless. these are priceless.. and he is ADORABLE! i wish i could meet this lucky guy. shannon is quite a gem..

    ReplyDelete
  3. not photogenic.. pshhhh. aaaand the one of Shannon playing pool, wooo wooo b.e.a.utiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great portrait photos - and such a cute couple. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

"Welcome and thanks for stopping by my blog! I've discovered recently that, in addition to photography, writing is a passion of mine and I've loved including you all in my personal journey this past year. So please feel free to read about my adventures, comment often, and enjoy my photos!"     - Kate Noelle | International Wedding & Portrait Photographer |