Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Tim and Chelsea's "I Do"

Chelsea and Tim are now husband and wife. Crazy! It seems like just yesterday when I met them and we took engagement pictures at the Santa Ana Zoo. On the day of the wedding, I met up with Chelsea as she was getting her hair done and I noticed how relaxed she was. Normally brides have the jitters on the morning of, when they realize they're getting married in T-minus ___ minutes. Chelsea was just all smiles... excited to be finally be marrying her prince. 

During the process of meeting Tim and Chelsea, planning the day, and finally shooting the event, I noticed something very unique about this couple.... the way Tim and Chelsea related to one another. He is her Prince. She is his Princess. I noticed this in the way she carries herself when she's with him, and the way they designed their wedding day. She had the long flowy dress and beautiful handmade headpiece. There was love and a royal feel to the ceremony. There was a sword with a golden hilt. I love that. Every girl dreams of having a man who will see her as his Princess. Not in the sense of her getting everything she wants, but in a way that shows his upmost respect for her, his pride in her, his regard for her beauty and dainty-ness, and her allowing him to seek out her love continually. I was honored to have shared in experiencing the day they promised devotion to each other forever... and I was honored to have witnessed the princess being swept away by her prince.


The ceremony took place within the doors of  Lighthouse Coastal Community Church, and the super cool reception was held at the Santa Ana Zoo. Something super cool about their wedding was how many people were involved in the day. Chelsea's friend Veronica Fish made all the girls' jewelry, and her friend Beth Brady of Lilian Ray Designs made her beautifully jeweled head piece. Their friend Fran Tracy acted as Florist and did a beautiful job on the flowers, and probably the coolest, was Kent Yamaguchi (Director) of the Santa Ana Zoo! Many thanks to Country Garden Caterers for the lovely international-tasting dinner, and to Tim's Uncle Ed Bryant who made some STUNNING wedding bands for the two of them! That's right... he MADE THEM! And last but not least, thank you SO MUCH to Mr. Christopher and to Jack Ratana for being the best and most supportive 2nd Shooters/friends ever! I seriously have so much fun shooting with you two!

4 comments:

  1. 2nd to last shot was incredible.. and i love happy brides! she was obviously madly in love and GLOWING!!

    once again, you blow me away.

    p.s. jack had sweeeet shots of the church. LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job as always, and to those haters out there you know who you are. Don't hate, just communicate aite. Especially to my buddy Kate.

    I miss Betsy Lackey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :)

    yeah.. what he ^ said, all you haters!


    p.s. I miss Jack Ratana!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this song! it's been on my ipod for months on repeat! hehe
    great job on the photos!

    ReplyDelete

"Welcome and thanks for stopping by my blog! I've discovered recently that, in addition to photography, writing is a passion of mine and I've loved including you all in my personal journey this past year. So please feel free to read about my adventures, comment often, and enjoy my photos!"     - Kate Noelle | International Wedding & Portrait Photographer |