Thursday, February 12, 2009

Jean-Luc and Jacqueline Lajoie's "I Do"

I love shooting for other photographers just as much as I enjoy shooting my own weddings...and I especially love shooting with Jack Ratana! The day began later in the afternoon so we made the long and, periodically rainy, trek down to Misson Bay, San Diego to shoot Jean-Luc and Jacque's wedding. Before we got there, Jack gave me the 411 on the Lajoie's and he began with saying "this should be a fun wedding..." and it definitely was fun! Jean-Luc and Jacque are so lucky to have the family and friends they do....and it was the coolest thing to see how highly they valued relationship with those friends and family. 

The ceremony was intimate and touching...and I found myself misty-eyed behind the lens as some of the most heart-felt things were said about the Lajoie's, to each other, and to the people gathered to celebrate with them....here's just a taste of the day...


Aren't these Shoes beautiful?!!!! Loved them!



This is probably my favorite shot from the day...I love how Jack's flash illuminated her veil! And I love the passion in this first kiss! Sigh....

By far, the most touching thing in the ceremony was how Jean-Luc not only wrote vows to Jacque, but he also wrote vows to her handsome little boy Tyler. After Jean and Jacque said their vows to each other and exchanged rings, he knelt down and called Tyler up to where they were on stage. He proceeded to tell Tyler how much he loves him and what he vows to do and be as Tyler's new dad...and then he put a ring on Tyler's finger too! This was such a beautiful picture of a Godly marriage and I was truly touched at the display of dedication to Jean's new wife and son.... AMAZING.



The ceremony was laced with the sounds of a familiar voice and it added just the right touch to the ceremony... I could feel the presence of God in that church. And as everyone worshipped with the music, Jack and I got to worship with our cameras :)

And yes...that IS who you think it is...Jeremy Camp. He happens to be the groom's best friend.


Such a beautiful bride! :)
Many thanks to the Dana, on Mission Bay in San Diego, for the beautiful reception!




After Jean and Jacque's first dance, they had another first dance with all three of them...another beautiful addition to the traditional ceremony and reception.

I know I mention it every time I shoot a wedding, but I really truly love being a wedding photographer... and I'm honored when clients choose me, because I get to share such a profound and beautiful celebration of love. So thanks Jack, Jean-Luc, and Jacque for allowing me a glimpse of heaven on your wedding day! Congradulations!


2 comments:

"Welcome and thanks for stopping by my blog! I've discovered recently that, in addition to photography, writing is a passion of mine and I've loved including you all in my personal journey this past year. So please feel free to read about my adventures, comment often, and enjoy my photos!"     - Kate Noelle | International Wedding & Portrait Photographer |